Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Human

I miss Saturday morning cartoons.
I miss my big back yard that I always refused to play in because playing in the front yard was way cooler. I miss playing in the front yard.
I miss night games.
I miss falling asleep in the car and waking up in my dad's arms as he carries me to bed.
And for as long as I'm living in this God forsaken house, I will forever kiss my mom goodnight.
I miss kids making fun of me because I kiss my mom ON THE MOUTH.
And you can all suck it because I don't care what you think.
Never have, never will.
And that's a lie. Because I've always cared. Forever caring what you crazy people think of me because you make me who I am...as shitty as that sounds.
I'm made up of opinions, and lies, and thoughts, and rumors, and first impressions
and only some of them are mine.
I wish I had confidence
I wish looking in the mirror was easy and made me feel good.
I wish I REALLY didn't care about all of your opinions, lies, thoughts, rumors, and first impressions..
I care about poetry though...
I care about grilled cheese sandwich's cause they make the world go round.
I care about my family.
I care about that one boy who puts sandpaper in my mouth and glue on my tongue
and then God sews my lips together because he's got a cruel sense of humor.
I care about that.
I care about classical music, I care about Adventure Time, I care about coke zero, I care about my friends, I care about "old fashioned" romance. The kind where you make flirty eye contact across the room, dance in circles the whole night, fall instantly in love, then run away together... I care about Koko the gorilla and how she's too old for children now. I care about the smell of books, I care about summer, I care about grandparents, and broccoli, and the color black.

I CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK OF ME.

Robots don't care.
But I do.

Daveni

7 comments:

  1. Oh my I loved this so much. I care that you care about those things. You're so cool. What a human.
    That's a compliment..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most real thing I've ever read. Because everyone does care, to some extent. Even if they won't admit it.

    "I'm made up of opinions, and lies, and thoughts, and rumors, and first impressions and only some of them are mine. "

    Congratulations on finding a way to describe highschool in one sentence! I loved this post! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, it's been much, MUCH too long since I've played in my front yard.... my friend and I would pretend to be wolves in a wolf pack and basically pretend to hunt invisible prey for hours. Those were the days.

    Beautiful post. Keep it up, Daveni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sandpaper in my mouth and glue on my tongue"
    lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^^ ditto. Favorite line.This post was such a time travel.

      Delete