Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My 3 AM Thoughts...


Fingertips like piano keys and
eyes like sunshine.
I don't know you,
but I want to.
I fail to let you know how beautiful I think you are whenever you're near. 
And maybe you would think that, that was weird. 
So I'll save it.
But a simple hi would suffice. 
I don't know you,
but I do know that regardless of the fact that I don't know your favorite color, or what you look like in the mornings, or if you're a cat person, or if you always tell your mom you love her when you hang up the phone...
I know you make me feel like wind. 
And when I'm spinning in circles 
with leaves in my hair
I'm thinking of you. 
And when I grab the string of a balloon and let it take me to the stars,
I'm hoping you're holding onto my ankle. 
I'm hoping that your tongue is just as tied as mine.
And you know that I'm the wind and you wait for rainy days just to see me.
And people will always tell you 
you can't see wind...
Please don't believe them darling. 
When I work up the courage,
and the rain starts to fall,
I'll spin us in circles until the sun shines as bright as your eyes, 
And then we'll keep spinning. 
And people will complain about the tornadoes we're making,
and that's fine. 
We'll move to Kansas. 

Daveni.





8 comments:

  1. Ugh this was so good now I want to move to Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words don't describe how much I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that embroidery tho... beautiful. i think i might make that today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the feeling of want and passion in this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of your blog! Loving it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And when I grab the string of a balloon and let it take me to the stars,
    I'm hoping you're holding onto my ankle."
    You're good.

    ReplyDelete