Saturday, February 8, 2014

Yo Ma... It's Okay.




Today my mom asked me why I'm not part of the "popular crowd". Well ma, it's quite simple really. It's probably because I wear the same jeans 2 days in a row. It's probably because none of them follow me on Instagram. It's probably because I have zero brain filter, which results in a serious swearing problem... which I don't give a damn about. Or it might be because I read too much, or I write poetry. Or I have an iPhone 4S instead of the newly coveted 5C or whatever that is... It's probably because I trust no one and the wifi sucks at our house. It could even be because I have blisters on my hands and bruises covering my legs. It might be my infatuation with cats (which scares most people away, popular or not)  it's probably because my comforter is yellow and my sheets are black and I still sleep with a dog shaped sack filled with beans and I have a tendency to cry while watching Good Luck Charlie. My life's a mess and I blush every time the student body president says hi to me and that's just silly. 
I'm not popular mom. I'm not really trying to be either. 

Daveni.

4 comments:

  1. I have an iPhone 4S (and it's not even white) and I sleep with a dog shaped sack filled with beads. So we're both just chilling over here in the non-popular crowd.
    #whatever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to know I'm not alone.

      Delete
    2. I don't have an iPhone at all. I sleep with a Mexican blanket and pretend it's the boy I like. So. There is that.

      Delete
  2. I love how "Yo ma" and "it's okay" come together for the perfect title.
    "I'm not really trying to be either." I love this too.

    ReplyDelete