Sunday, March 23, 2014

Real Lies



My bones are telling me to scream. 
They're screaming at me to stop. 
They're telling me to sit down, 
They're forcing me to accept help...
And I don't need any help.

My brain is telling me I'm healthy...
and my bones are weeping. 
They're crying because I'm supposed to be helping them. 
But I'm walking around on knees that buckle with every step. 

My bones told me to kiss him,
and my knees were weak for so many different reasons, 
and he held me. 

My bones told me to miss my childhood.
And I did. 
My bones told me to be careful.
And I wasn't. 

My ears told me to stop listening to these old twisted bones,
And I listened to my ears because they're pretty good at that sort of thing. 

My feet told me it was okay to walk
and I trusted them 
Because they never complained when I refused to put shoes on. 
And my toes always forgave me 
when I ran into the counter.

I told my eyes to stop watering,
but they do what they want. 
My eyes told me to get some sleep,
but the stars were telling me to stay awake.

My bones are begging and pleading,
and my heart's trying to help them
because she's always cared 
more than I have... 

I want to listen to them...
I really do. 
But pride keeps telling my bones
to shut up. 

Daveni.




2 comments:

  1. I know I just commented on your last one, but this one is so good too. I love how it's not just your bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I love and I love the last picture (the drawing).

    ReplyDelete