Monday, March 31, 2014

Stardust

You've got planets for eyes and they're so easy to get lost in. I wish I could sort through my feelings for you because you don't deserve the question marks. But they surround my every waking thought and I can't seem to push past them when my mind wanders on to the subject of you.

Gravity' got me in a chokehold this time and my fingers are extended to anything that might ground me. Please...please. I'm begging you to ground me because I'm getting space-sick. I've been going in circles for eternity on Saturns rings and I'm forever caught in Jupiters orbit because he's got such a beautiful smile...

I can't decide if I want you, but I don't want anyone else to ever kiss you the way I have and I still haven't decided what that means yet. And the thought of you blasting off in your space ship to bigger and better things makes me cringe, and the missing-you feeling I get is sometimes too much to handle...

This gum I'm chewing has lost all of it's flavor and maybe that's a metaphor...but I'm probably thinking too much into this because I just want to feel inspired again. But every time those stars fill my stomach, I remember I've got a project to finish and piano to practice and suddenly none of it seems important anymore. 

And it sucks.

Maybe I'd feel more inspired if I stopped fighting with my mom. And maybe I need to extend my bed time because beautiful words usually come easier after dark. Maybe I need to stop staring at Jupiters smile because I know he's stringing Pluto along too, and everybody knows she's not even a planet anymore. 
But 
        Neither 
                      Am 
                                 I...

I never was. 

Daveni.


4 comments:

  1. "I wish I could sort through my feelings for you because you don't deserve the question marks." Also, I feel the same way about certain things so maybe that's why I like this post but it's still perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I thought I already commented on this. My bad. Your words flow so effortlessly.
    I love all of your first paragraphs and especially this one.
    I love love love the ending. You are so creative. And so abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! this is so good! I think I have a huge crush on this post. I can't handle this. #top5

    ReplyDelete